The RESTORE project aims to connect powerful and trusted community leaders—social workers, school counselors, healthcare professionals, faith leaders, therapists, teachers, and others—with evidence-based tools and methodologies for working with ideologically-motivated members of your communities.
We believe local leaders have a crucial role to play in the work of supporting individuals to decide to reject hate, to abandon violence, to embrace new ways of thinking and acting and ultimately, to prevent violent extremism in our communities.
We are seeking a full-time consultant as “Coordinator” to manage the full implementation of project RESTORE in Southwestern Pennsylvania beginning as soon as possible. This is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual, who seeks to hone their leadership skills and gain hands on experience in launching and running an innovative, complex project dedicated to mitigating one of the most pressing social challenges.
- Conduct research and outreach to build a community advisory council consisting of leaders of trusted (community) organizations in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Develop the branding, messaging and awareness campaign for project RESTORE in close coordination with the board of directors, community advisory council, and with the help of a communications firm.
- Launch awareness campaign to build a robust partner network and to identify and recruit potential trainees (RESTORE team members).
- Design and run the recruitment and selection process for trainees (RESTORE team members), including evaluating applications, scheduling interviews, developing contracts, and dispensing sponsorship funds.
- Plan, organize and support the RESTORE training program (offline and online) in close cooperation with a team of at least three expert trainers from across the US and Europe.
- Coordinate and support the new RESTORE team members by organizing team meetings, case conferences, and adapting and implementing a case management system.
- Act as liaison between board of directors, advisory councils, contracted experts, RESTORE team members, external evaluators and partner network.
- Position project RESTORE in key networks through meetings with community leaders and attendance at conferences and other community gatherings.
- Develop and run the project’s ongoing communication efforts including updating website as well as other communications collateral such as social media accounts, brochures, presentations and press releases.
- Manage financial planning, budgets, and oversee bookkeeping for project RESTORE.
- Coordinator must be located in Southwestern, Pennsylvania.
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle for local/regional travel required.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a relevant field such as social work, business/entrepreneurship, humanities, or social sciences.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience, such as project management, community organizing, partnerships, event planning or training.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, communications and conflict management skills.
- A positive, pragmatic, proactive and solution-oriented attitude.
- Reliability, authenticity, integrity, empathy, sensitivity and ability to work across differences and with a very wide variety of stakeholders and vulnerable target groups.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, the ecosystem of relevant institutions and (community) organizations in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Ability to prioritize and achieve overall project goals despite handling a high volume of disparate tasks on a daily basis.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- High level of competence in all typical business software and applications (MS Office Suite, Zoom, Social Media accounts, etc.)
- Experience in accounting and/or financial project management is an asset.
- Expertise in or experience with preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) or adjacent, relevant fields such as criminal justice, gang violence, education, youth work, or cults, is an asset.
This position will be a consultant position until we receive our 501c(3) status (expected September 2023) and will then transition to a regular employee contract with benefits package.
Interviews with qualified applicants will begin immediately. We look forward to receiving your application materials, which should include cover letter, CV, and the names of two references, at email@example.com.